Recipe from halfbakedharvest.com This recipe is not only delicious, it’s also super easy…one skillet, under an hour, and uses mostly pantry staple ingredients. Prep Time 15 minutes Cook Time 30 minutes Total Time 45 minutes Servings 6 servings Calories 286 kcal Ingredients 2 tablespoons extra…
COZY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS Serves 6 INGREDIENTS, Soup 2 tablespoons oil 2 pounds chicken breasts 1 large onion, diced 4 carrots, sliced to Â¼ in half rings 3 garlic cloves, minced 1 teaspoon salt 5 tablespoons unsalted butter 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 6 cups chicken…
We all liked this, even the boys.Â I used fresh mushrooms and next time I’ll use a whole cup of rice.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
MAKES: 4 servings
- Â Â Â Â Â Â 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Â Â Â Â Â Â 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1-1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- Â Â Â Â Â Â 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained, or 1/2 cup fresh, sliced
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1 bay leaf
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- Â Â Â Â Â Â Â 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
In a large skillet, cook the chicken, onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons broth until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the green pepper, mushrooms, bay leaf, oregano, basil, pepper and remaining broth. Bring to a boil. Add the rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Add the spaghetti sauce; heat through. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally found here: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chicken-cacciatore-skillet
I had been planning to grill some chicken, but suddenly had the urge to do something else.Â I had some boneless, skinless chicken breasts already thawed.Â I also had a leftover green bell pepper.Â I broke out the Le Creuset “French Oven”, seasoned the chicken…
We fed the boys early and had this dish after they were in bed. It’s very easy, very tasty and vegetarian to boot. Not too much to explain, the recipe is pretty straight-forward. It’s from Good Deal with Dave Lieberman on Food Network. Link here. We served it with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy…
Here’s the recipe… Continue reading Moroccan Spiced Chickpea Soup