It’s a simple recipe. In addition to the onion, I sometimes grate a couple of carrots into the mix…
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 cup raw rice
• 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
• 4 tablespoons margarine
• 4 cups beef broth
• salt and pepper
1. Brown onion and beef in large skillet.
2. Drain and rinse to remove all fat, if desired.
3. Brown rice and spaghetti in margarine.
4. Add beef, onion and broth to rice mixture.
5. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice and spaghetti are fully cooked.
6. Season with salt and pepper.