Katie J’s Pecan Rocha
From my wife’s colleague, Katie J… Very good Rocha.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 11.5 oz pkg milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Line 13″ X 16″ cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in 3 quart pan.
- Add sugar and light corn syrup.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 15 minutes.Â It should look like hot boiling lava and will eventually turn golden brown.Â If you use a candy thermometer, it should register 290 degrees (soft-crack stage).Â The common mistake is not to cook this long enough.Â I cook it until I am sure that it is just about to burn!
- Pour onto cookie sheet.Â Tip sheet to spread evenly.Â Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.Â Let sit 2 minutes.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread out chocolate onto toffee.
- Top with chopped pecans, press into chocolate.
- Cool several hours.
- Break into pieces.Â Eat all the small bits.Â No one will know.